Back in May, we had rolled out truckloads of enhancements, especially giving more power to the admins. The last few weeks have seen a lot of activity at sumHR too. A swanky new website, more new team members, and customers from around the world! Yes, the last bit surprised us too, but now we’re seeing customers signing up from countries like Malaysia, Nigeria, Turkey, UAE, and even the exotic Malta. But, while all these “new” things were happening, the feedback kept pouring in from a lot of our customers, especially regarding the attendance feature and requests for a biometric system to track attendance of employees.
Let me begin first by saying, I’m sorry for all the bugs/issues some of you have faced with the existing Attendance features.
The Attendance module is one feature which gave us a tough time so far. A lot of the feedback and suggestions from customers for this feature, including things like:
– Separate shift and policy management.
– Weekly off variations (alternate Saturdays, second & fourth Saturday off, etc).
– A bug free, enhanced, and powerful “Late marking policy” system.
Well, we heard you all the way and decided to focus all our energies to revamp the Attendance module features. And, I’m happy to let you know that we’re ready to launch it now. At present, our QA team is testing it rigorously to make sure you don’t face the issues you’ve faced so far.
We rolling out the new and improved Attendance Management features next week.
A huge number of sumHR users sounded us off about some peculiar difficulties they faced with the “online” method of marking attendance. A lot of the customers said that their employees were not getting into the habit of using the ‘online’ method for clocking in/out daily. A few administrators (HR Managers) from larger companies also pointed out cases where their employees used the online method for “proxy attendance”! 😛
One of the reasons we built the Attendance & Leave modules was to do away with the complexities of machine-based systems, because the combination of “machines based logging” and then “software based monitoring” didn’t work well together. Why so?
1) We didn’t want to burden HR Managers/Admin users to download and format data from the biometric attendance system and then again import/upload it to sumHR.
2) Data is not accessible real time, as there is no direct connection between sumHR software and the third party device.
3) The biometric device might throw our data in a different format than which sumHR is able to read.
But we believe that every problem has a solution, and that’s why we’ve decided to get a pre-integrated biometric device and make your life easier. After a thorough R&D, we finalized on market leaders eSSL, who are the largest in India in terms of volume and distribution network. The device that we finalized is one of their most advanced and robust models called X990, which includes a RFID card reader too.
What to expect from this biometric system for attendance?1) Seamless integration with your sumHR account: Every time your employee comes to office, he/she can punch his/her finger into the biometric attendance device and their sumHR account will be updated real time.
2) Discounted pricing of biometric system for sumHR users: The standard pricing for this machine for end-consumers is around Rs 15,000 to Rs 18,000 in the market. We’ve signed up as “dealers” with eSSL which gives us a “special pricing” advantage from them. Hence, we decided to pass on this benefit of lower prices to you, our customers. We’ll be providing the device to you at the same price as we’re incurring to buy and deploy the biometric system at your office. The pricing of the Biometric Fingerprint Reader System for attendance is Rs.12,000 only (one time purchase).
Deliveries begin next week – so grab your device right away!
We are starting delivery for the X990 biometric attendance machines to all customers who’re placing orders for them. It will be dispatched directly to your office address. We will offer complete support over phone/video conference when you are installing the device, so you don’t need to worry about that either.Note to international customers: Just hang on for some more time, I’m trying to figure out a similar solution for you as well. I’ll keep you updated, promise! 🙂
With the biometric system and the new attendance features of sumHR, your attendance/leave management concerns will be a thing of the past. Feel free to share your feedback about the same in the comments section below. Alternatively, just shoot me a mail on buzz [at} sumHR.com or dial +91 922 2213 195.