sumhr icon logo
We hope you enjoy reading this blog post!
Break-free from HR chaos. Focus on People! - Get sumHR

sumHR HRMS Survey: Pressing Need for Organizations to Adopt HRMS

Now in your preferred language
author photo
Team sumHR
May 28, 2011

At sumHR, we realized that monitoring our employee’s performance, attendance, leave records, data, etc was getting very difficult. Being an organization that serves the recruitment needs of other organizations, we asked our clients if they too faced a similar problem, and the answer was positive.

According to Anthony J. D'Angelo, "Focus 90% of your time on solutions and only 10% of your time on problems." As the quote says, we decided to spend 90% of our time in trying to find an intuitive solution to the problem that companies—especially of our size and strength—were facing. The best way to find any solution is to ask people, a lot of people. And the scientific way to do that is to conduct a survey.

From the time of its inception, Sutra has worked with hundreds of companies, solving their recruitment challenges. We decided to ask some of them about their expectations from an HRMS, and developed a list of 600+ companies from different industries such as technology/product, digital, M-VAS, e-commerce, retail, banking, etc. We probed them on these topics:

1. What is your total headcount, including co-founders, part-time, full-time, interns, etc.?

2. How do you record (if at all) employee data like name, address, salary structure, last appraisal, etc.?

3. How do you track/record leaves for your employees?

Our main goal was to know if our HRMS could better enable our clients to manage their human capital. A majority of the clients responded, and the survey results gave us some insightful information:

Number of Employees

A huge bulk of our existing clients at Sutra has a head count of over 100. This means, it would be difficult to manage HR without the help of modern tools, software, and applications. This result shows us our ray of hope!

Information Recording Methods

It was astonishing to know that 73% of our clients still resorted to the old-fashioned and traditional way of recording data. The remaining 27% used spreadsheet applications such as MS Excel to record employee information. None of them used any other modern tool, software, or application to manage their human resources.

Leave Tracking/Recording Processes

We were quite surprised with the results for this one. As the graph shows, only 11% of our clients used software, that too something which was built in-house to track leaves. In addition, 26% clients used plain old email, while 42% still used spreadsheet applications such as MS Excel for these tasks. A large proportion, around 21%, resorted to manual ways to keep a track of employee leave information.

Conclusion: The results clearly indicate that a majority of organizations—especially startups in India—still manage their everyday HR activities either manually or by using MS Excel. This shows that there is a pressing need for an easy, efficient, and time-saving HR software which would simplify management for the human resources personnel.

This is where sumHR, a SaaS-based solution that helps automate HR processes, comes in. It has been made keeping in mind new-age companies, startups, and small and emerging companies, who for some reason are still using traditional ways to record HR information. As employee engagement is related to higher productivity and employee leaves are directly related to payroll, we would highly recommend an HRMS such as sumHR, which automates your human resources management processes.

If you are wondering, what sumHR does. Well, it allows you to record employee data, track their attendance and leaves, report and analyze HR operations and employee performance and much more. You can see the demo over here.

sumhr logo
About sumHR
sumHR is an HR Management Software which helps Small and Medium businesses to simplify and automate mundane HR processes. Growing companies can use our HR Software to create a memorable employee experience from recruitment to exit, without burning a hole in their budgets. Our comprehensive end-to-end HRMS includes:
... and much more
We’re on a mission to elevate HR teams to HR Heroes, one SMB at a time.
author photo
Written by
Team sumHR
SumHR is a flexible and configurable end-to-end HR Software/HRMS which help HR teams automate the HR Processes, and improve the employee's HR experience.
linkedin logotwitter logopersonal website icon
Get started with sumHR
Take your first step towards bringing happiness in your HR! Our customer team will guide you.
Get a Demo
Experience it yourself.
People in a hot air balloon